In an effort to maintain a healthy campus environment, all UMBC students are REQUIRED to complete the Mandatory UMBC Health Form and return it to UHS at least 4 weeks before classes begin. Students who do not meet this requirement will be blocked from subsequent class registration until the form is completed and returned to UHS. Residential students will not be able to move into University Housing until the form is completed and returned to UHS. Documentation must include specific dates of immunizations and screening tests (month, day, year).
***If you have not submitted the required proof of immunizations, you will not be able to register for classes for future semesters.***
The following immunizations are required for UMBC students:
- ALL: Two MMR’s (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) after your 1st birthday (unless you were born before 1957)
- If you are unsure if you have had the MMR or can not obtain the records, you can schedule an appointment at UHS to have your blood drawn to test your immunity levels (Titer).
- RESIDENTIAL: Meningitis: Maryland law requires that all students living in on-campus housing have a meningitis vaccine within 5 years of entering UMBC or sign a waiver stating that they understand the risks of meningitis and elect not to have the vaccine.
- INTERNATIONAL:Tuberculosis (TB) test: All international students are required to have a Tuberculosis blood test (T-spot or Quantiferon) in the United States within 6 months of entering UMBC.
- Meningococcal disease
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (chickenpox) *not available at UHS
The immunizations listed above can be obtained at a local physician’s office, health department, medical office, urgent care center, or by appointment at UHS.